Where is St George's Fields?
The estate is just 5 minutes walk from Marble Arch and Oxford Street, over the road from Hyde Park near Speaker’s Corner and a 10 minute walk to Paddington station, with its frequent connections to Heathrow Airport. St George’s Fields was a burial ground from 1763, and later used for archery, games and as allotments. The land was owned by St George’s Church in Hanover Square, which sold it to developers in 1967 who left a few tombstones, adding character to the gardens. It is from this historic background that St. George’s Fields takes its name.